Chef is a powerful automation platform that transforms complex infrastructure into code, bringing your servers and services to life. Whether you’re operating in the cloud, on-premises, or a hybrid, Chef automates how applications are configured, deployed, and managed across your network, no matter its size.
This course focus to learn about Chef architecture and the set of tools included in the Chef Development Kit (ChefDK).
PUE is Chef Official Training Partner, authorized by Chef to deliver official training in Chef technologies.
Furthermore, PUE is accredited and recognized to offer consulting and mentoring services on the implementation of Chef solutions for business environment with the consequent added value in the practical and business knowledge delivered in their official courses.
Audience and prerequisites
This course is intended to system administrators, developers, etc. seeking to use Chef as one of the main DevOps tools to optimize servers configuration, deployment and management.
It's best that students of this class have some familiarity and comfort with the following:
- Writing code (of just about any flavor) in a text editor
- Working on the command line
- Basic system administration – installing packages, configuring those packages, starting service
By the end of this course, the student will have assumed the following skills:
- Use Chef Resources to define the state of your system
- Write and use Chef recipes and cookbooks
- Automate testing of cookbooks
- Manage multiple nodes with Chef Server
- Create Organizations
- Bootstrap nodes
- Assign Roles to nodes
- Deploy nodes to environments
- Chef resources
- Testing cookbooks
- Details about the system
- Desired state and data
- Workstation installation
- The Chef server
- Template, variables, and search
- Cookbook attributes, attribute files, and dependencies
- Community cookbooks
- Further resources